With a background in civil litigation and administrative law, and a practice that has focused heavily on labour and employment matters, Larry LeBlanc provides advice and representation to employer clients on a broad range of issues.
With a background in civil litigation and administrative law, and a practice that has focused heavily on labour and employment matters, Larry provides advice and representation to employer clients on a broad range of issues. These include human resource management, the development of employment policies, collective bargaining, collective agreement administration, union certification, union-management relations and the resolution of workplace disputes, among other issues.
He has appeared before all levels of courts in Saskatchewan, the Federal Court of Canada and the Supreme Court of Canada. Larry’s experience before administrative boards and tribunals is particularly extensive, including labour and commercial arbitration boards, labour relations boards, human rights tribunals, and professional disciplinary bodies.
He has also combined his experience in these areas with involvement in environmental matters to work with companies in heavy manufacturing and mining industries on a wide range of issues.
- President (1999-2000), Director (1991-present), University of Regina Rams Football Club
- President, Sask Sport Inc. (2003-2004)
- Director, Saskatchewan Roughrider Football Club (2001-2004)
- Former Chair, Canadian Bar Association, Labour and Employment Law Section (Saskatchewan South)
- Guest Lecturer, Canadian Bar Association, the Law Society of Saskatchewan, the Saskatchewan Legal Education Society, Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association
- Special Lecturer, University of Regina, Faculty of Administration
- Guest Presenter, Various government, educational and private organizations
- Lawyer of the Year, Labour and Employment Law, Best Lawyers (Regina, 2019)
- Recognized in Best Lawyers, Labour and Employment Law (since 2006)
- One of Benchmark Canada’s “Litigation Stars” (since 2012)
- A leading practitioner, Employment (Employer), Labour (Management), Workplace Human Rights (Employer) Canadian Lexpert Legal Directory (since 2003)
- Lexis-Nexis / Martindale-Hubbell – “BV Peer Review Rated”
- University of Regina Sports Hall of Fame (2009)