Leigh Peters practises with the firm’s corporate/commercial group.
Leigh practises corporate/commercial law with a particular focus on energy projects. Leigh has a wealth of experience providing advice to clients in the energy industry through both private practice and in-house positions. Leigh has acted for and worked with Kinder Morgan Inc., Shell Canada Limited and was formerly general counsel at Oilsands Quest Inc.
Called to the Alberta Bar in 2003, Leigh previously worked at two major national law firms. Most recently, Leigh held the position of CEO at LJ Peters Warehouses Ltd. where she led the transaction for a sale of all of its assets to a U.S. private equity firm and U.S. competitor.
- Volunteer, Calgary Stampede
- Member, Patrons Committee, UNICEF Canada
- Member, International Women’s Forum
- Instructor, “Advanced Oil and Gas Law” and “Introduction to Rights of First Refusal” courses, CAPL and CAPLA (2004-2007)
- Top Finalist, Western Canada General Counsel, Tomorrow’s Leader (2009)