Lorraine Chanasyk is a paralegal working primarily in the areas of insolvency and restructuring, and wills and estates.
Lorraine has more than 20 years of experience in the legal profession. She is a paralegal in the insolvency and restructuring group, focusing on receiverships, bankruptcies, bankruptcy proposals, proceedings under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act and the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act, as well as court-mandated receiverships. She also works in the area of wills and estates administration.
In addition to her extensive experience as a paralegal, Lorraine is also an accomplished dancer who, upon retirement from dance, has served as the general manager and international tour manager of an Edmonton-based dance company.
- Document Management, Principal Group (Code Inquiry)
- Fundraising Co-Chair, fundraiser featuring art, fashion show and design (2017)
- Coach, West Valley Young Men’s Fastball (2010-2014)
- Chair, VP, Scenic Acres School Council (2008-2013)
- Program Director, Children’s Ukrainian Language Program (2003-2008)
- Backstage Coordinator, Great Canadian Awards
- Backstage Coordinator, Governor General’s Dinner
- Assistant Producer, Festival ’88 Dance Extravaganza, featuring 2,600 Alberta-based dancers
- Dancer, choreographer, adjudicator, instructor