Madison is an associate lawyer whose practice focuses on insolvency law, pensions and benefits law, and Aboriginal law.
Madison has appeared before the Manitoba Court of Queen’s Bench, the Manitoba Court of Appeal and the Provincial Court of Manitoba. Her insolvency and restructuring practice consists of representing secured and unsecured creditors with realizations and enforcement of security and providing advice regarding debt restructuring, arrangements, proposals, loans, and bankruptcy and receivership generally.
In the area of pension and benefits law, Madison advises on and assists in a wide variety of matters involving pension and benefit plans.
Madison advises clients in the area of Aboriginal Law and she has experience representing First Nation governments on labour and employment law matters, economic development and governance issues, and property security provisions under the Indian Act, including exemptions respecting seizure, garnishment and attachment.
- Vice Chair, Insolvency Law Section, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Kawaskimhon National Aboriginal Moot team
- “Common Benefit Administration Pitfalls,” Canadian Pension & Benefits Institute Fundamentals (2020)
- “Insolvency Law for Civil Litigators,” Manitoba Bar Association (2020)
- “Hot Legal Topics in Pension and Benefit Administration,” Canadian Pension & Benefits Institute Fundamentals (2019)
- Dean’s Honour List, Top 10% of Third Year Law (2018)
- D.A. Thompson, Q.C. Prize, Highest Standing in Animals and the Law (2018)
- Isbister Scholarship in Law, Highest Standing in Second Year (2017)
- Dean’s Honour List, Top 10% of Second Year Law (2017)
- Mel Myers, Q.C. Award, Highest Standing in Administrative Law (2017)
- Hart Green Junior Prize, Highest Standing in Charter Issues in Criminal Law (2017)
- David and Myrna Bowman Prize, Highest Standing in Evidence (2017)
- D.A. Thompson, Q.C. Prize, Highest Standing in Family Law (2017)
- D.A. Thompson, Q.C. Prize, Highest Standing in Aboriginal Peoples and Land Claims (2017)
- D.A. Thompson, Q.C. Prize, Highest Standing in Contracts (2014-2015)