With more than a decade’s experience in Europe and North America, Maya advises clients on addressing ESG and sustainability risks and helping them enhance their corporate culture, performance and purpose.
Maya brings more than 12 years of experience in sustainability, ESG as well as governance, risk and compliance to her role as an ESG Specialist with MLT Aikins. Throughout her career, she has helped clients manage their ESG risks and seize new opportunities to meet global demand for greater impact, transparency, and accountability from corporations on environmental, social and governance issues.
As both an in-house advisor and external consultant, Maya has extensive experience in corporate governance and risk management. Across regions and sectors, she leads internal and external engagements as well as materiality and risk assessments to inform corporate ESG strategies, board reporting, and external communications. She regularly facilitates program and policy development and advises clients on their external disclosures to meet community, investor and regulatory expectations.
Maya is well-versed in corporate ethics and purpose. In her work, she helps clients navigate issues such as greenwashing and misconduct, and make progress in key areas spanning diversity, equity and inclusion, environmental sustainability, and Indigenous Reconciliation.
- “ESGI in Practice,” Rise Quarterly Knowledge-sharing Webinar (October 2022)
- “Net-zero, Energy Transition, and Circular Economy Panel,” Global Energy Show, MELA Pavilion (June 2022)
- “ESG and Reconciliation,” MSc Program in Sustainability Management at University of Toronto (January 2021)
- “Auditing Culture and Equity, Diversity & Inclusion,” Canadian Electricity Association (April 2021)
- Presenter, North American Governance, Risk & Controls (GRC) Conference (2021)
- “Internal Audit’s Evolving Role in Ethics and Workplace Investigations,” Institute of Internal Auditors (October 2020)
- “Internal Audit’s Role in Workplace Culture & Ethical Conduct,” Canada’s National IIA Conference (September 2020)
- CEP Board of Directors (2020 – Present)
- Leading Change Conference Program Director (2016)
- Environmental Professional, Sustainability (Eco Canada)
- Canada Green Building Council – LEED® Green Associate (2013-15)