Michael M J Choi maintains a general corporate commercial practice focused primarily on commercial real estate sales and acquisitions, asset and share purchases/sales, and leasing matters.
- Lead counsel to multiple clients in the acquisitions of commercial, industrial and residential real estate development and holding sites in the $10- to $35-million range
- Acted for multiple real estate developers in the full scope of their projects, from initial site acquisition through to final unit sales
- Lead counsel in the formation of limited partnerships with more than $25 million in private equity contributions
- Acted for multiple clients in the acquisition and disposition of businesses and business assets, including multiple franchises (new franchises and existing franchisee takeovers)
- Acted for multiple clients in corporate matters, including complex reorganizations, financing, asset divestitures and shareholder disputes
Michael Myungjin Choi’s general corporate commercial practice focuses on the purchase and sale, leasing and financing of commercial and industrial real estate and real estate development. Michael also regularly advises small to medium enterprises (SMEs) on all aspects of their business and corporate operations and share and asset transactions. He has acted for a broad range of clients – from individual small business owners and startup entrepreneurs to established companies and real estate developers.
- Director, Richmond Caring Place Society (2015-2018)
- Author, “Expanding the Role of Culture in British Columbia’s Adoption Scheme” (2015)
- Author, “Garnishment of Lawyers’ Trust Accounts” (2013)
- Author, “Solicitors’ Liens and Charging Orders – Your Fees and Your Clients” (2013)
- Author, “Closed Files – Retention and Disposition” (2013)