Mike practises in the firm’s advocacy department and maintains a general litigation practice with a focus on professional liability and regulatory issues, insurance litigation and construction litigation.
Mike obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Manitoba and was called to the Manitoba Bar in 2023. Mike articled with MLT Aikins in 2022 before joining the firm as an associate.
- Volunteer, Welcome Place, Manitoba Interfaith Immigration Council (2021)
- Council Chair, Manitoba Law Students’ Association (2021)
- Solomon Greenburg Volunteer Witness, Robson Hall (2020)
- Film Score Composer, Mennonite Brethren Collegiate Institute (2015-present)
- Musician, Hateless Canada (2014-2016)
- Dean’s Honour List, Robson Hall Faculty of Law (2020)
- Legal Negotiation Finalist, Robson Hall Faculty of Law (2020)
- Mr. Justice & Mrs. I. Nitikman Prize, Highest Standing in Tort Law (2020)
- Research Engagement and Excellence Distinction (R.E.E.D) (2020)
- Taylor McCaffrey LLP Entrance Award (2019)
- Academic Proficiency Scholarship, University of Winnipeg (2018, 2019)
- Dean’s Honour List, “Student of Highest Distinction,” University of Winnipeg (2018)
- Dean’s Honour List, “Student of Distinction,” University of Winnipeg (2017)
- Special Entrance Scholarship, University of Winnipeg (2015)