Paul Goldman represents Canadian and international mining and energy companies, as well as companies in the manufacturing, telecommunications, high technology, biomedical, financial services, real estate development and entertainment industries.
Paul has also advised the governments of British Columbia and Alberta on a broad range of private placement, venture capital and merchant banking investments and public/private projects, and the British Columbia Securities Commission on restructuring the Canadian stock exchanges.
Paul’s practice emphasizes national, cross-border and international transactions, focusing on the areas of corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate governance. He has had extensive involvement in matters relating to public and private debt and equity offerings, takeovers, mergers and acquisitions and corporate reorganizations as well as securities regulatory reporting, compliance and enforcement, merchant banking and venture capital financing. Paul has had substantial experience with project development and financing, particularly as it relates to international mining joint ventures.
- Member, Securities Law Advisory Committee, British Columbia Securities Commission (1995-2003)
- Member, Securities Policy Advisory Committee, B.C. Ministry of Finance and Corporate Relations (1998-2002)
- A regular speaker and conference panellist on securities law matters, particularly inter-jurisdictional and cross-border issues, and author of numerous papers on the subject.
- A leading practitioner, Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, Corporate Finance, M&A, Mining
- Named one of Canada’s Leading Lawyers in The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory – Corporate Commercial, Corporate Finance, Corporate Mid-Market, M&A, Mining
- Selected as one of the Best Lawyers in Canada – Corporate Law, Corporate Governance, Mergers & Acquisitions, Mining and Natural Resources Law, Securities Law (since 2006)
- Recognized by IFLR 1000 and Asia Pacific Legal 500 – Capital Markets
- Recognized in the Euromoney Guide to the World’s Leading Capital Markets Lawyers
- Recognized in Lexpert Special Edition on Canada’s Leading Infrastructure Lawyers (2014)
- Recognized in Lexpert Guide to the Leading U.S./Canada Cross-border Corporate Lawyers in Canada (2014)