Rachel practises in the entertainment industry with emphasis on film and television in addition to the corporate and commercial area.
Rachel acts for lenders, Canadian independent productions companies and foreign production companies with respect to interim financing, interprovincial and international co-productions, production services arrangements, CRTC co-ventures, distribution agreements, investment agreements, licensing agreements, talent agreements, celebrity endorsement agreements, chain of title opinions, errors and omissions, clearances and insurance issues, copyright and intellectual property matters and all other related contracts and documents.
She represents artists in the music industry with respect to negotiating recording agreements, agency and management agreements, publishing agreements and administration agreements. Additionally, she represents a range of clients in the fields of digital media and book publishing.
Rachel is experienced in mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, corporate finance and secured lending, commercial real estate law, business succession planning and general commercial matters.
- Manitoba Music, Member of the Board of Directors (2015)
- On Screen Manitoba, Director and Vice-Chair Governance and Nominations Committee (2014-present)
- Freeze Frame Manitoba, Member of the Board of Directors (2014-present)
- Food Banks Canada, Member of the Board of Directors (2012-present)
- Law Society of Manitoba, Member of the Equity Committee (2011-present)
- Law Society of Manitoba, Member of the Technology Committee (2011-present)
- Community Association of Family Enterprise (Manitoba), Legal Advisor (1997-2000)
- Law Society of Manitoba
- Manitoba Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- On Screen Manitoba
- Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television
- Guest lecturer University of Manitoba Law School; Volunteer Advisor Marcel A. Desautels Centre for Private Enterprise and the Law
- Contributing legal expert and writer for goldengirlfinance.com and assisted with a variety of other legal articles and presentations
- University of Manitoba Scholarship (1990)
- Dean’s Honour List (1991, 1992)