Robel is an articling student in the firm’s Regina office. Robel’s practice includes contract negotiation, commercial litigation, alternative dispute resolution, insurance, competition and corporate taxation.
Robel takes a practical, client-centered approach to preventing and solving complex issues arising from commercial contracts and business relationships. His business and economics background allows him to quickly identify and understand the legal needs of his corporate clients.
Prior to attending law school, Robel earned his Bachelor of Business Administration and a Certificate in Economics from the University of Regina.
During his time in Regina, he was the Vice President of the Paul J. Hill Business Students Society, Business Students’ Director for the University of Regina Students’ Union and a Student Senator for the University of Regina Senate.
In law school, Robel participated and assisted organizing in many extracurricular activities, moots and negotiation competitions including the Lerners LLP Cup Moot, Torys LLP Cup Moot, Cassels Brock Baby Gale Moot, the Hockey Arbitration Competition of Canada, Osgoode Negotiation Competition, Dentons Negotiation Cup Competition and International Academy of Dispute Resolution Mediation Tournament.
- Student Member, Canadian Bar Association (Saskatchewan Branch)
- Student Member, Alternative Dispute Resolution Institute of Saskatchewan
- Student Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Student Member, Toronto Lawyers Association
- Student Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member, Intellectual Property Institute of Canada
- Member, Canadian International Council
- University of Regina Alumni Coach, Jeux du Commerce West Business Case Competition
- Committee Member, Lawn Summer Nights — Regina (Cystic Fibrosis Canada)
- Vice President (Marketing), Paul J Hill Business Students’ Society (2012-2013)
- Board Member, Saskatchewan Young Professionals and Entrepreneurs (2012-2013)
- Board Member (Business Faculty), University of Regina Students’ Union (2013-2014)
- Student Senator, University of Regina (2013-2014)
- Student Councilor, University of Regina (2013-2014)
- Board Member, Hill School of Business Alumni Association (2016-2017)
- Executive, Osgoode Hall Entertainment and Sports Law Association (2016-2017)
- Executive, Osgoode Hall Business Law Society (2016-2017)
- Executive, Osgoode Hall Intellectual Property Society (2017-2018)
- Organizational Support, Cassels Brock Baby Gale Moot (2017)
- Orientation Week Leader, Osgoode Hall Law School (2017-2018)
- Mentor, Osgoode Hall Black Law Students’ Association (2017-2019)
- Stage Manager, Osgoode Hall Mock Trial Production (2017-2019)
- Executive, Osgoode Hall Law Games Committee (2018-2019)
- Vice President, Osgoode Hall Athletics Association (2018-2019)
- Division Leader (Health Justice), Community & Legal Aid Services Program (2018-2019)
- Legal and Literary Society Graduating Student Award (2019)
- 1st Place, International Academy of Dispute Resolution Mediation Tournament (Athens, 2019)
- Finalist, Dentons LLP Cup Negotiation Competition (Toronto, 2018)
- Finalist, Osgoode Negotiation Competition (Toronto, 2017)
- 1st Place Oralist, Lerners LLP Cup Moot (Toronto, 2016)
- 1st Place School, 3rd place entrepreneurship, Jeux Du Commerce Business Case Competition (2014)