Rob McKinnon focuses his practice on commercial real estate and business acquisitions and divestitures.
For more than 30 years, Rob has acted for buyers and sellers of commercial real estate. He has extensive experience in commercial leasing, and has been named one of the Best Lawyers in Canada in commercial real estate on numerous occasions.
Rob also acts for buyers and sellers in share and asset transactions, and has a wide range of experience in commercial lending, having acted for lenders and borrowers in project and business debt financing.
- Assisting clients in selling or buying commercial real estate, ranging from large multi-tenant office towers and shopping centres worth hundreds of millions of dollars, to properties for development and farmland
- Drafting and reviewing purchase and sale agreements, options to purchase, rights of first refusal and similar documents
- Counsel to a residential developer in relation to the acquisition, financing and development of an extensive residential development and subsequent sales of lots
- Counsel to a residential condominium developer in relation to the acquisition, financing and construction of multiple properties and subsequent sale of units
- Counsel to a majority joint venture participant in the selection of a business structure, the creation and negotiation of joint venture governance-related documents and the acquisition of multiple crop input business locations
- Counsel to a private syndicated lender in relation to dozens of commercial financing transactions
- Drafting and reviewing commercial offers to lease and leases, ranging from vacant land to complicated office leases
- Past Judge, University of Saskatchewan College of Law Negotiation Competition (2017 – 2018)