Rob Pletch has extensive experience in corporate finance, securities and corporate governance.
- Governance advisory work for boards and committees of provincial and federal Crown corporations and major Saskatchewan-based public corporations.
- Adviser to two major uranium joint ventures in negotiating and documenting an innovative co-ownership and toll-milling transaction.
- Senior securities adviser to two large crown corporations and underwriters on exchangeable bonds, savings bonds and credit bonds, for aggregate offerings in excess of $1 billion.
- Counsel to the largest Immigrant Investor Venture Capital Fund in Saskatchewan.
- Securities law/privatizations counsel for numerous private and public sector corporations and underwriters in developing financing structures, particularly privatization and initial public offerings.
Rob Pletch has acted for many of the firm’s largest corporate clients on acquisitions, financing arrangements and development strategies, and has provided advice on virtually all of the major privatizations that have occurred in Saskatchewan during the past 30 years. His core practice includes work in the mining and natural resources sector, where he has acted for several international uranium mining corporations and their joint ventures. He has also negotiated many project development agreements for clients in the mining and industrial sectors.
Rob has acted for numerous private and public sector corporations and underwriters to develop financing structures, particularly privatizations and public offerings. He has extensive experience drafting prospectuses, offering memoranda and related documents for offerings on the TSX and the NYSE. Rob is a former Managing Partner and Chairman of the firm, and has been regularly named one of Canada’s Leading 500 Lawyers by Lexpert / American Lawyer Magazine.
- Chair, SaskPower (2013-2016)
- Chair, SaskEnergy (2008-2013)
- Vice-Chair (2009-2010), Governor (2007-2011), Canadian Football League
- Chair (2007-2010), Director (2004-2010), Saskatchewan Roughrider Football Club Inc.
- Director (2007-2011), Former Member of Audit / Governance Committees, Canada Post Corporation
- Director, Great Western Brewing Company (2014-present)
- Director, Western Surety Company (2010-present)
- Volunteer Leader, United Way of Regina (1988-present)
- Former President, Law Society of Saskatchewan (1992)
- Director, Hospitals of Regina Foundation (2000-2006)
- Named a “Man of Influence” by SaskBusiness Magazine (2009)
- One of the Best Lawyers in Canada – Corporate Governance, Corporate Law (since 2006)
- One of Canada’s Leading Lawyers in The Canadian Lexpert Legal Directory – Corporate Commercial Law (2003-2012)
- Appointed Queen’s Counsel (1989)