Samantha maintains a general labour and employment practice advising employers on a wide variety of employment issues. She also advises on general commercial litigation matters.
Samantha provides practical advice to employers regarding labour relations disputes, employment standard compliance, policy development and implementation, hiring, discipline and termination, and human rights issues. She has appeared before the Provincial Court of Alberta, the Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench and the Alberta Labour Relations Board.
Samantha obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of Calgary and completed her articles with MLT Aikins. Prior to attending law school, Samantha worked as the operations manager for the Alberta Ballet in Calgary.
- Community Connections Volunteer, CCIS (2017-2018)
- Volunteer, The Consent Project, Pro Bono Students Canada (2017-2018)
- Former Director Events and Sponsorship, Calgary Women Studying Law Association (2016-2017)
- Case Worker, Student Legal Assistance (2015-2016)
- Performance Volunteer, Alberta Ballet (2015-2017)
- Jason Lang Scholarship (Calgary, 2016, 2017)
- Saint Francis Xavier University Deans’ List (2012)