Spencer has litigation, arbitration and mediation experience in a wide variety of areas, including construction, real estate, fraud, labour and employment, insurance, wills and estates, debtor-creditor, business disputes, liquor and gaming, and health.
- Chateauvert v Chateauvert, 2018 ABQB 2 – Successfully received judgment in a matrimonial property dispute based upon negligent misrepresentation, breach of contract and unconscionably.
- M-I Drilling Fluids Canada, Inc v Cottle, 2018 ABQB 143 – Successfully received judgment in favour of an employer against a former employee based upon fraud and civil conspiracy. Employer was awarded disgorgement of illicitly gained profits and punitive damages.
Spencer Edwards carries on a general litigation practice at the MLT Aikins Saskatoon office.
In addition to representing clients in litigation matters, Spencer also has experience representing clients in arbitration proceedings and before other tribunals. He has worked on matters that have been heard at various levels of court, including: provincial court, the Court of Queen’s Bench, the Court of Appeal and the Federal Court.
Prior to joining MLT Aikins, Spencer articled and was an associate at a national firm in Calgary.
- Contributing Editor, Employee Obligations in Canada (James A. D’Andrea, Carswell)
- Contributing Editor, Illness and Disability in the Workplace: How to Navigate Through the Legal Minefield (James A. D’Andrea, Carswell)
- Contributing Editor, Annotated Alberta Employment Standards Code (John R. Gilmore, Carswell)
- Study abroad bursary (University of Ottawa, 2014)
- Athletic scholarship (wrestling) (University of Saskatchewan, 2010)
- Academic-athletic All Canadian (wrestling) (2008, 2010)
- Hong Kong Canada Business Association bursary (2009)
- Bursary for the study of French (2007, 2009)
- International studentship bursary (University of Calgary, 2008)
- Athletic scholarship (wrestling) (University of Calgary, 2006)
- Academic scholarship (University of Calgary, 2006)
- Member, Saskatchewan Young Professionals and Entrepreneurs, Saskatoon chapter
- MLT Aikins designate, Saskatoon Usadians Business Club
- Volunteer, Legal Mentorship Program, Canadian Bar Association (Saskatchewan)
- Director, Epilepsy Saskatoon
- Member, Wa-Wa Shriners