Steve Robertson is a senior Corporate Finance & Securities practitioner, focused on publicly traded natural resource issuers. He has extensive experience advising on corporate governance, listing maintenance, and continuous disclosure matters.
As a senior Corporate Finance & Securities practitioner, Steve Robertson focuses on natural resource issuers, principally in mining and oil and gas sectors. He also acts for emerging growth companies and venture capital firms making equity investments in public and private technology businesses.
Steve has assisted several Toronto Stock Exchange, New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq-listed Canadian issuers with international acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and other commercial arrangements involving mineral exploration and mining projects in Mongolia, China, Myanmar, Australia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Armenia, the United States and Canada. He also advises inter-listed public companies with respect to the special continuous disclosure compliance obligations under Canadian law applicable to cross-border issuers.
Steve has extensive experience with corporate reorganizations, mergers, acquisitions, public and private equity and debt financing transactions, and Canadian and foreign stock exchange listings and has participated in numerous cross-border and international corporate finance and merger transactions. He advises and assists enterprises of all sizes with corporate governance, listing maintenance, and continuous disclosure matters.
- Chair, Board of Directors, Documentary Media Society of British Columbia (2011-2014)
- “Negotiating Preliminary Agreements,” 2nd Mining Agreements Course (Federated Press, 2014)
- “Between a Rock and a Hard Place – Mining Disclosure Demystified,” Multi-disciplinary Public Panel Presentation (2014)
- “Canadian Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects – National Instrument 43-101” (client workshop)
- “Public M&A Transactions in Canada” (client workshop)
- Selected as one of the Best Lawyers in Canada – Mergers & Acquisitions, Mining Law, Securities Law (since 2015)
- Lexis-Nexis/Martindale-Hubbell – “BV Peer Review Rated”