Travis is an associate based in the firm’s Vancouver office with a background in biological sciences.
Travis obtained his Juris Doctor with great distinction from the University of Saskatchewan in 2021. During this time, he served as editor and, subsequently, managing editor of the Saskatchewan Law Review. Prior to moving back to Vancouver and joining MLT Aikins, he clerked with the Court of Queen’s Bench for Saskatchewan in Regina. He has authored and co-authored numerous publications on environmental law, and is interested in the ways this area of law intersects with the constitutional rights of Indigenous peoples.
Before entering law, Travis earned a Bachelor of Science degree in biological sciences with a concentration in ecology, conservation and evolution from Simon Fraser University. Travis also served 10 years with the Canadian Armed Forces as a reserve infantry soldier. He has recently retired at the rank of Sergeant.
- Executive Member, Information Sharing Committee, Saskatchewan Association for Environmental Law (2018 – present)
- Volunteer, Hoy-Scott Watershed Society (2014 – 2016; 2022 – present)
- Managing Editor, Saskatchewan Law Review (2020-21)
- Editor, Saskatchewan Law Review (2019-20)
- Author, “Interconnected Risks, Interdisciplinary Solutions: Correcting Saskatchewan’s Institutional Apathy Toward Biodiversity Conservation” (2022) 84 Saskatchewan Law Review 43
- Academic Performance Scholarship, University of Saskatchewan College of Law (2019 – 20, 2020 – 21)
- Dean’s Honour Roll, Simon Fraser University (2015)