Your brand – your competitive advantage – is both valuable and vulnerable. Our trademark professionals take responsibility for protecting your valuable trademarks and reducing vulnerabilities at every point.
- Coordinate the filing of hundreds of trademarks annually across the world.
- Manage trademark portfolios for hundreds of clients, representing thousands of trademark applications and registrations, globally.
We are a full-service trademark firm with the capacity to do everything necessary to protect your trademark and to avoid and resolve disputes.
We have experience in every facet of trademark law, including trademark development, protection, market monitoring, acquisition, exploitation and disputes, including litigation. Some of the services we regularly provide include:
- Trademark registrations in Canada and internationally
- Pre-screening and searches
- Licensing and franchising
- Trademark validity and infringement opinions
- Trademark portfolio audits
- Trademark acquisitions, sales and assignments
- Domain name dispute resolution
- Trademark enforcement
- Trademark opposition and summary cancellation (section 45) proceedings
- Due diligence on transactions that involve trademarks
We manage trademark portfolios for hundreds of clients, representing thousands of trademark applications and registrations, globally. We represent clients in virtually every industry, including significant portfolios in the following sectors:
- Agriculture and agribusiness
- Breweries, wineries and distilleries
- Charities and not-for-profits
- Clothing and fashion
- Credit unions
- Entertainment and arts
- First Nations and First Nations businesses
- Hotels and hospitality
- Mining and energy
- Professional services including accountants and consultants
- Public sector including health care providers and educators
- Restaurants and food services
- Technology including app developers and tech startups
If you want to understand more about trademark law and how it applies to your business, please read our Trademarks 101 series: