Episode 1 — Mitigating Impacts of COVID-19 on Indigenous Governments and Businesses
Aired on: Thursday, April 2, 2020
This webinar outlines the kinds of legal issues Indigenous governments, organizations, businesses and individuals can expect to face in the wake of COVID-19. The issues discussed include: available support and resources for communities and Indigenous businesses, employer obligations, emergency powers and commercial issues.
- Indigenous governance and jurisdiction during a pandemic
- Indigenous Community Support Fund
- COVID-19 and the Canada Labour Code: important considerations for employers
- Support for Indigenous businesses
- Key contract provisions for indigenous businesses in a crisis situation