Evan Halbert carries on a commercial practice with a focus on commercial lending, commercial real estate, mergers & acquisitions, as well as insolvency and restructuring matters.
- Counsel to Crown Capital Partners Inc. on its senior secured corporate credit facility of up to $43.5 million with Canadian Western Bank
- Counsel to specialty finance company Crown Capital Partners on its provision of a $5.5 million term loan to CCI Wireless, a wireless internet service provider in Western Canada
Evan has considerable experience acting for both lenders (private and institutional) and borrowers on commercial lending transactions. He has acted as counsel to various chartered banks and financial institutions on multi-million dollar commercial real-estate transactions across Western Canada. Evan also has mergers & acquisitions experience acting for both buyers and sellers, including private equity clients in the mid-market space.
In the area of insolvency and restructuring, Evan has acted as counsel to debtor companies in restructuring assignments under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act and the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act.
Evan has experience acting as counsel to a regional services commission, advising on corporate governance issues and other commercial matters.
Prior to law school, Evan completed a Bachelor of Environmental Studies with a focus on urban and regional planning.
- Recognized as “One to Watch” by Best Lawyers in Canada – Banking and finance law, corporate and commercial litigation (since 2024)
- University of Alberta, Faculty of Law Dean’s List 2015-2017
- University of Waterloo, Faculty of Environmental Studies Dean’s Honours List (2007-2010)