William is an articling student based in the firm’s Calgary office.
William obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Alberta. During law school, William served as president of the University of Alberta Esports Association from 2022-2023 and was able to help the University of Alberta secure their first finalist placing at the Michel-Bastarache Moot. William has since been involved in the Association des Jurists d’Expression Française de l’Alberta to promote access to legal services in French in Alberta.
Prior to entering law school, he completed a Bachelor of Commerce degree with distinction from the University of Alberta and worked as a project services consultant and policy analyst for the Provincial Government of Alberta. During business school, William founded and managed his own Esports team.
Since 2014, William has actively competed in professional Esports in national and international professional gaming competitions. William currently serves as an alumni-advisor for the University of Alberta Esports Association and leads his own gaming talent agency.
- Alumni-Advisor, University of Alberta Esports Association (2023-present)
- Founder, Next Step Gaming (2022-present)
- President, University of Alberta Esports Association (2022-2023)
- Panel Speaker on Esports Law, Alberta Esports Expo (2022)
- Panel Judge, Alberta International Case Competition (2022)
- Student Legal Services Criminal Project Case Worker, University of Alberta (2020)
- Michel-Bastarache Moot Finalist (2023)
- RBC Gaming Grant (2022)
- Jason Lang Scholarship (2017 – 2019)
- University of Alberta Undergraduate Scholarship (2018)