Our Edmonton office is looking for an administrative assistant to join our central services department. This is a full-time position assisting with various administrative tasks. Hours of work are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Covering reception daily from 8-9 a.m., breaks and lunch hour
- Opening reception at 8 a.m., checking all boardrooms for cleanliness and powering on all the appropriate lights/lamps, preparing coffee/supplies for any morning meetings, and placing daily newspapers on coffee table
- Providing full-time coverage as required on the reception desk during any sick leave, vacation leave and scheduled days off
- Scheduling and coordinating time off requests with other team members
- Liasing with Accounts Payable/Trust Clerk to have cheque requests processed while covering reception
- Arranging for rush bank deposit transactions and post office run
- Picking up daily mail/ courier from the 23rd Floor & main mailbox; dropping daily mail off at 4 p.m.
- Coordinating all aspects of bar call receptions and assisting with other office functions.
- Coordinating onsite for the firm’s workshops & seminars held in Edmonton as needed by our marketing services department
- Handling all aspects in relation to table/ticket purchasing, donations/sponsorships etc. for the many fundraisers the firm supports
- Assisting office manager with payment of invoices and posting disbursements
- Submitting maintenance requests to tenant management office for repair
- Maintaining, monitoring and providing weekly report on petty cash
- Maintaining client gift inventory and month end reporting sheets for Edmonton
- Maintaining library updates
- Ordering, unpacking and restocking all office and break room supplies and advising office manager of any purchasing requirements
- Checking refrigerators weekly for overall cleanliness and confirm monthly cleaning by Bee Clean
- Stocking all floors with coffee and tea supplies as well as supplies for the storage closet.
- Stocking common area printers with paper and refilling daily and when needed
- Maintaining closing files and Iron Mountain offsite storage
- Ordering offsite files and submitting applicable charges to file opening clerks
- Reviewing the annual destruction inventory reports from head office to determine which boxes may be destroyed each year
- Creating MLT Aikins staff training manuals
- Assisting legal assistants with copy jobs and other tasks
- Graduate of a recognized office administration certificate or equivalent in experience
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in an office services, hospitality, or business centre role
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and analytical skills required
- Maintaining an efficient electronic file system with exceptional attention to detail
- A competitive salary
- Comprehensive coverage for health and wellness benefits
- Access to group savings plans and investment options
- Options for flexible work agreements and vacation coverage
Our Diversity Statement
MLT Aikins is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive and diverse work environment. Our principles of diversity, equity and inclusion creates a space for everyone to collaborate, allowing us to deliver excellent, and increasingly innovative, legal service to our clients. We encourage individuals of a diverse group to apply to our job postings when they become available.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.