We are currently looking for a litigation legal assistant to provide administrative and clerical support for two or three associates in our Vancouver office. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated and highly organized, has superior computer proofreading and time management skills as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills and is able to work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision and thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment.
- Performing complex editing and formatting for correspondence and documents
- Preparing various administrative tasks including file opening, billing and follow-up to review outstanding accounts
- Following instructions with minimum supervision and be able to thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment
- Maintaining an efficient digital file system
- Booking discovery and court dates and maintaining the BF system
- Preparing court materials such as application records, books of authorities, appeal records and appeal books
- Graduate of a recognized legal assistant program
- Minimum of five years of experience in an active commercial litigation practice
- Advanced computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and document management software;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proofreading, writing, spelling and grammar skills; and
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- A client focused approach and commitment to providing exceptional service to internal and external clients.
Salary is negotiable. Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Application deadline: April 12, 2021
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.