Alexsondra (Allie) Moar is an articling student based in the firm's Winnipeg office.
Before she joined MLT Aikins, Alexsondra’s experience included a clerkship with the Manitoba Provincial Court and an internship with a child protection law firm. She also worked as Hearing Advisor Assistant in the Refugee Influx Processing Center for the Canada Border Services Agency. This role involved interviewing claimants and helping to determine their eligibility under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. It also provided her exposure to detention and admissibility hearings and, perhaps most importantly, equipped her with empathy and communication skills for serving vulnerable clients.
While completing her undergraduate studies in New York, Alexsondra competed for four years as a starting player on the university’s Division I women’s soccer team, receiving awards for being a top ranking player each year. Thanks in part to her time as a student-athlete, Alexsondra excels under pressure and thrives in both a competitive and collaborative environment, serving as a natural leader.
Alexsondra cares deeply about the communities in which she lives and works and has an extensive history of community involvement and volunteerism.
- Member, Manitoba Indigenous Law Students’ Association
- Volunteer, Mayor’s Clinic (Jamaica, New York, 2015-2018)
- Volunteer, St. John’s University Women’s Soccer Clinics (Jamaica, New York, 2014-2018)
- Volunteer, PS 65 After School Program, Big East Serves (Queens, New York, 2017)
- Volunteer, Boys & Girls Club of America, Big East Serves (Queens, New York, 2015-2016)
- Volunteer, Siloam Mission (2013, 2015, 2017, 2019)
- Lambda Epsilon Chi – National academic honour society for paralegal students with minimum 3.75 GPA in paralegal courses (2017-2021)
- Chi Alpha Sigma – National society honouring student-athletes who have excelled in school and athletic competition (2016-2021)
- Dr. Michael Pisano Memorial Award (2018)
- Dean’s List (2015-2018)
- All Academic Big East (2015-2018)
- Arthur Ashe Jr. Award – awarded to student-athletes for academic and athletic excellence
- St. John’s University Scholarship (2014-2018)