Avram is an articling student based in the firm’s Vancouver office.
Avram obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Alberta in 2023. Prior to entering law school, Avram completed a Master of Arts degree and a Bachelor of Arts degree in history from York University. Avram also spent several years as a PhD candidate in history, withdrawing in good standing to attend law school in 2020.
Avram worked at York University as a teaching assistant and as co-editor for a historical journal. Outside of academia, Avram worked as a legal transcriber and co-ran a small business focused on Model United Nations coaching and academic consulting.
- Interim President, Law and Older at the University of Alberta, Faculty of Law (2022-2023)
- Book Review Editor, Left History (2016-2018)
- Roger S. Smith Undergraduate Research Award in the Faculty of Law (2022)
- Chief Justice William A. McGillivray Excellence Scholarship in Law (2020)
- The Merv Leitch QC Leadership Scholarship in Law (2020)
- Cushwa Centre for American Catholic Studies Research Travel Grant (2018)
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) Language Training Grant (2016)