Jordan is a corporate/commercial lawyer whose practice is primarily focused on mergers and acquisitions. He has significant experience advising both private and public companies on complex transactions involving businesses in a variety of industries, including agriculture, aviation, insurance/financial services, manufacturing, retail and transportation.
- Acted for The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company in its $875 million acquisition of Western Financial Group Inc. and Western Life Assurance Company
- Acted for The Canadian Wheat Board in its $500 million privatization and sale to Bunge Canada and SALIC Canada Limited
- Acted for Exchange Income Corporation in its $250 million acquisition of Provincial Aerospace Ltd.
- Acted for Exchange Income Corporation in its $85 million acquisition of substantially all of the assets of Quest Window Systems Inc.
- Acted for Exchange Income Corporation in its $55 million acquisition of CanLink Global Inc.
- Acted for Exchange Income Corporation in its $46 million acquisition of Ben Machine Products Company Incorporated
- Acted for Exchange Income Corporation in its acquisition of CarteNav Solutions Inc.
- Acted for Hemp Oil Canada Inc. in its $40 million sale to Compass Group Management LLC
- Aikins, MacAulay & Thorvaldson LLP: Articling Student (2013-2014), Summer Student (2012)
- Manitoba Securities Commission: Summer Student (2011)
- Manitoba Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Dean’s Honour List, Faculty of Law (2011-2013)
- ZSA – National Post/Richard Leipsic Prize for Excellence in Corporate Law Courses (2013)
- Garth Erickson Memorial Prize for Commercial Law (2013)
- The Winnipeg Foundation Essay Prize for Philanthropy and the Law (2013)
- Archie Micay, Q.C. Prize for Third Highest Standing in Second Year Law (2012)
- University of Manitoba Student Union Prize for Academic Excellence (2012)
- Duncan J. Jessiman, Q.C. Prize for Corporations (2012)
- D.A. Thompson, Q.C. Prize for Torts & Compensation Systems (2011)