Melinda (she/her), is a proud member of the St. Ambroise Local of the Manitoba Métis Federation Southwest Region. She is is a current law student and senior commercial real estate and financing paralegal specializing in subdivisions, commercial lending, and commercial real estate transactions.
Melinda is well-versed in commercial law asset securitizations relating to financings by various lenders, acting for lender, borrower or purchaser. She specializes in construction financing, particularly large projects financed by syndications.
Melinda’s commercial real estate experience extends to large asset acquisitions and/or dispositions, due diligence projects, registration of debentures, large scale subdivisions, and condominiums.
- Indigenous Advisory Council, Federation of Law Societies of Canada
- Board Member, Winnipeg Children’s Access Agency
- VP-Internal, Manitoba Indigenous Law Student Association
- External Communications Officer – National Indigenous Law Students Association
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Indigenous Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Concerned Residents of St. Ambroise Initiative (Lake Manitoba Flood, 2012)
- Presenter, Manitoba Bar Association, “Due Diligence: The Transactional Foundation”
- Israel and Maylene Ludwig Aboriginal Nesiyah Award (2021)
- Urban Legal Secretary’s Association Scholarship (2002)
- National Skills Canada Speaking Competition – Bronze (2001)