Riva Farrell Racette’s practice focuses on labour and employment and human rights law.
Riva has experience drafting and preparing materials for arbitrations, trials and appeals. She also advises First Nation clients on band governance issues, including land management, membership codes, election codes and disputes and band bylaws. She has also advised clients on consultation issues and Treaty and Aboriginal rights.
- Member, Timiskaming Algonquin First Nation
- Director, Carmichael Outreach
- Student Mentor, Mother Teresa Middle School Regina
- Secretary, Aboriginal Law South, Canadian Bar Association (2012-present)
- Musical performances for various community causes (2000-present)
- Saskatchewan Women’s Secretariat Scholarship (2000)
- Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation Scholarship (1999)
- Foundation for the Advancement of Aboriginal Youth Scholarship (1998)