Robert Frost-Hinz works in the firm’s labour and employment department. He provides employers and management with guidance on a wide variety of labour and employment issues as well as representing clients before all manner of courts, arbitrators and tribunals.
Robert provides employers with guidance and assistance in relation to a wide variety of labour and employment issues including labour relations, collective agreement negotiation and interpretation, employment standards, OH&S, policy development, discipline and discharge, along with human rights and accommodations. Robert has represented clients before the Saskatchewan Court of Appeal, Court of Queen’s Bench and Provincial Court, along with a variety of boards, tribunals and arbitrators.
- Acts for private and public employers throughout Saskatchewan in a variety of sectors including mining, manufacturing, construction, food processing, government, education, non-profits and retail, among others.
- Provides strategic and legal advice to employers and owners in relation to construction labour law.
- Former Chair and Vice-Chair, Administrative and Labour Law Section, Canadian Bar Association, Saskatchewan (North)
- President, Saskatoon Bar Association
- “Buying and Selling a Business: Key Labour and Employment Law Issues,” Law Society of Saskatchewan (2014)
- Centre for Labour-Management Development (Saskatoon), Accommodation Update (2017, 2018, 2019) and Labour Law Review (2017 and 2019)
- “Privacy Compliance & Hot Topics,” MLT Aikins Workshop, Saskatchewan (October 2019)
- “Ask the Experts – MLT Aikins (Panel),”CPHR Saskatchewan 13th Annual Conference (October 2019)
- “Accommodation Allowed… or Denied?” Accommodation Law Conference, Saskatoon (May 2019)
- University of Saskatchewan Undergraduate Scholarship (2010)
- Fraser Milner Casgrain Prize in Business Organizations, University of Saskatchewan (2010)
- Robertson Stromberg Pederson Scholarship, University of Saskatchewan (2009)
- Cecil G. Schmitt Prize in Company Law, University of Saskatchewan (2009)
- Durward Thomas Prize in Civil Procedure, University of Saskatchewan (2009)
- Entrance Scholarship, University of Saskatchewan (2006)