Sarah is an articling student based out of the firm’s Edmonton office.
Sarah returns to MLT Aikins as an Articling Student after completing a summer placement with the firm in 2018. Sarah received her Juris Doctor from the University of Alberta in June 2020. During her time at the Faculty of Law, Sarah was involved in both the Criminal and Civil/Family Project of Student Legal Services, held various executive positions with the Indigenous Law Students Association, was a member of the Curriculum Committee, and participated in Law Show. Sarah also completed an internship with the Office of the Judge Advocate General for the Department of National Defense. In her final year, she also spent a semester studying in Australia and the University of Adelaide.
Prior to attending law school, Sarah obtained her Bachelor of Commerce degree in Accounting at MacEwan University. While completing her undergraduate degree, Sarah spent time as a teacher’s assistant and volunteered with several student clubs.
- 1L Representative, Treasurer, Indigenous Law Students Association (2017-2020)
- Member, Curriculum Committee for the Faculty of Law, University of Alberta (2018-2020)
- Volunteer, Student Legal Services, Civil/Family Project and Criminal Project (2017-2018)
- Hajduk Gibbs LLP Award, 2019
- Robert C Carson Memorial Bursary, 2019
- Peter Freeman QC Bursary, 2018, 2019
- Indspire Scholarship, 2017, 2018
- ATCO Aboriginal Law Bursary, 2017