Sarah maintains a general corporate/commercial law practice, with a focus on residential and commercial real estate, mergers and acquisitions, commercial transactions and Indigenous matters.
Sarah Bidniak maintains a general solicitors practice. She has experience advising on residential and commercial real estate, corporate law, mergers and acquisitions and Indigenous matters. Before joining MLT Aikins as an associate in 2021, Sarah summered and articled with the firm.
Sarah obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of Alberta in 2020. During her time at the Faculty of Law, Sarah volunteered with Student Legal Services, held various executive positions with the Indigenous Law Students Association, and was a member of the Curriculum Committee. Sarah also completed an internship with the Office of the Judge Advocate General for the Department of National Defense. In her final year, she spent a semester studying in Australia and the University of Adelaide.
Prior to attending law school, Sarah obtained her Bachelor of Commerce degree in Accounting at MacEwan University. While completing her undergraduate degree, Sarah spent time as a teacher’s assistant and volunteered with several student clubs.
Sarah remains actively involved in the Edmonton legal community, serving as a volunteer with the Provincial Court of Civil Claims Duty Counsel Program.
- 1L Representative, Treasurer, Indigenous Law Students Association (2017-2020)
- Member, Curriculum Committee for the Faculty of Law, University of Alberta (2018-2020)
- Volunteer, Student Legal Services, Civil/Family Project and Criminal Project (2017-2018)
- Hajduk Gibbs LLP Award, 2019
- Robert C Carson Memorial Bursary, 2019
- Peter Freeman QC Bursary, 2018, 2019
- Indspire Scholarship, 2017, 2018
- ATCO Aboriginal Law Bursary, 2017