Sean is a corporate/commercial and securities lawyer who advises a wide range of businesses, from start-ups to publicly listed companies, in the real estate, transportation, technology and emerging growth sectors.
Sean helps his clients achieve their goals for growth by advising them on raising capital through a variety of channels, from seed funding to public and private equities markets. He also advises clients on public and private M&A, debt financing and commercial development.
A key element of Sean’s practice is getting to know his clients in order to help them achieve their objectives. He prioritizes finding holistic solutions to his clients’ challenges and relies on his extensive legal and business experience to provide practical recommendations.
- Primary counsel in share acquisition of a Western Canadian NGL, industrial services and transportation company valued at over $50 million
- Primary counsel on numerous share and asset acquisitions in the transportation and logistics industry ranging in value from $10 million to $75 million
- Primary counsel in numerous share and asset acquisitions and dispositions in the technology industry ranging in. values from $5 million to $20 million
- Primary counsel in the spin-out of an industrial services division by way of plan of arrangement
- Primary counsel in the disposition of two separate oil and gas companies by plan of arrangement in values of $20 million and $30 million respectively
- Primary counsel in the disposition of a mining company by plan of arrangement valued at over $5 million
- Primary counsel to a transportation and logistics company in a $125-million short-form prospectus offering of convertible debentures
- Primary counsel to numerous companies in debt financing transactions including secured and unsecured credit agreements (syndicated and bilateral), credit facilities, acquisition finance and project-based financing ranging from $1 million to over $100 million
- Primary corporate counsel to private equity fund in formation of fund and subsequent acquisitions of technology companies
- Primary counsel to venture capital fund in venture financing transactions ranging from $1 million to $5 million
- Primary counsel to numerous emerging growth companies in financing transactions including common share, preferred share, convertible debt and SAFE transactions ranging from under $1 million to $5 million
- Primary counsel to a commercial real estate company in various acquisition, divestiture and financing transactions ranging in value from $5 million to $35 million
- Primary corporate counsel to commercial real estate development company in structuring and financing of luxury commercial condominium projects with values ranging from $15 million to $25 million
- Primary corporate counsel to residential real estate development company in structuring and financing of residential development projects with values ranging from $5 million to $20 million
- Canadian Bar Association – Business Subsection
- Canadian Bar Association – Securities Subsection
- American Bar Association – Business Law Section
- Law Society of Alberta
- Calgary Bar Association
- Acritas Star™ Lawyer, Acritas: 2018