Spencer practises in the business law department with a focus on mergers and acquisitions and general corporate and commercial matters. He has experience providing practical and effective legal advice to businesses of all sizes in a diverse array of industries.
Spencer has experience with a wide range of transactions relating to the purchase and sale of businesses, general corporate and commercial matters, equity raises, amalgamations and incorporations. He has worked closely with consolidators in a variety of industries including sports and sporting event consolidators, insurance brokerages, dental practices, medical clinics and pharmacies, providing advice on behalf of both purchasers and vendors for businesses throughout British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario.
- Regular counsel to sports and sporting event consolidators with respect to ongoing mergers and acquisitions and corporate financing matters throughout Canada
- Regular counsel to dentists in connection with the purchase and sale of dental practices
- Regular counsel to pharmacy consolidators with respect to ongoing mergers and acquisitions and corporate financing matters throughout British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario
- Counsel to HUB International with respect to ongoing mergers and acquisitions and regulatory matters throughout Canada
- Student Editor, Manitoba Law Journal (2016-2017)
- Student Volunteer, University of Manitoba Legal Aid Clinic (2015-2016)
- Volunteer Visitation Monitor, Winnipeg Children’s Access Agency (2012-2014)
- Manitoba Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- ZSA – National Post Richard Leipsic Prize for high academic standing in corporate law courses (2017)
- Pitblado Scholarship (2016)
- Dean’s Honour List, Faculty of Law (2016)
- University of Manitoba Dean’s Honour List (2012-2015)
- University of Winnipeg Dean’s Honour List (2011-2012)