Taylor is a corporate lawyer practising in the areas of securities law, corporate/commercial and corporate governance. He is dedicated to helping clients and companies access capital and grow their business.
- Listing of gold/silver exploration company on the TSX-V;
- Lead closing of $20M debenture financing in early 2019;
- Helped restructure crypto-currency miner following 2018 Bitcoin price collapse; and
- Managed multiple financings for both public and private companies.
Prior to joining MLT Aikins, Taylor articled and practiced law at a boutique securities firm in downtown Toronto.
Taylor’s corporate law practice includes drafting prospectuses and management information circulars, helping companies meet their regulatory obligations; and facilitating corporate transactions.
Taylor has experience working on private equity and going-public transactions, while also providing guidance on continuous disclosure obligations and corporate governance practices. Prior to corporate law, Taylor worked as a trade policy officer, participating in free-trade negotiations between Canada and the E.U. on technical barriers to trade.
Taylor’s notable recent work includes acting for a BC gold/silver exploration company listing on the TSX-V and leading the closing of a $20M debenture financing.
- Access Pro Bono, Advocate for residential tenancy disputes in Victoria, British Columbia (2017-2018)
- Lawson Lundell Securities Regulation Prize, 2017
- DuMoulin Black LLP Securities Regulation Prize, 2017
- Ontario Global Edge Recipient, Internship in Porto Alegre, Brazil, 2012