Taylor is a corporate lawyer practising in the areas of securities law, corporate/commercial law and corporate governance. He is dedicated to helping clients and companies comply with their regulatory obligations, access capital and grow their business.
- Listed gold, silver, and nickel exploration companies on the TSX-V and CSE
- Led closing of $20M debenture financing in early 2019 for TSX-V listed company
- Acted for Bitcoin miner in the acquisition of data centres in Quebec
- Acted for blockchain technology company listing on NEO Exchange by way of Plan of Arrangement
- Managed multiple financings for both public and private companies
Taylor’s corporate law practice includes drafting prospectuses, business combination agreements and management information circulars, helping companies meet their regulatory obligations and facilitating corporate transactions. He has experience working on private equity and going-public transactions, while also providing guidance on securities regulation and corporate governance practices.
Taylor has a wealth of experience working with clients in the mining sector. His notable work includes acting for a B.C. gold/silver exploration company listing on the TSX-V, the listing of an Ontario nickel/cobalt miner on the CSE and leading the closing of a $20M secured debenture financing. Taylor also has a growing cryptocurrency and blockchain practice where he acted for a Canadian-based, NASDAQ-listed cryptocurrency miner in the acquisition of data centres in Quebec in 2020; assisted the restructuring of a cryptocurrency miner following the sudden drop in Bitcoin prices in early 2018; and acted for a blockchain technology company listing on the NEO Exchange by way of plan of arrangement in late 2020.
Before joining MLT Aikins, Taylor was president and CEO of a Vancouver-based trust company and transfer agent and practised law at a boutique securities firm in Toronto, Ontario. Prior to entering corporate law, Taylor worked as a trade policy officer for the federal government, participating in free-trade negotiations between Canada and the E.U. on technical barriers to trade.
- Access Pro Bono, Advocate for residential tenancy disputes in Victoria, British Columbia (2017-2018)
- Lawson Lundell Securities Regulation Prize, 2017
- DuMoulin Black LLP Securities Regulation Prize, 2017
- Ontario Global Edge Recipient, Internship in Porto Alegre, Brazil, 2012