Tunahan Uygun is a litigation associate based in the firm’s Edmonton office.
Before joining MLT Aikins, Tunahan worked as a criminal defence lawyer, gaining experience in making docket court appearances and running bail hearings, sentencings, trials and appeals. His experience includes conducting trials and sentencings, writing briefs and factums and managing relationships with clients.
Prior to law school, Tunahan obtained a Bachelor of Arts honours degree from MacEwan University, where he majored in political science. He participated in multiple international National Model United Nations Conferences while obtaining his bachelor’s degree and completed a legal exchange program in China in law school.
- Law Students Association, University of Alberta Faculty of Law
- President (2019 – 2020)
- Vice-President General (2018 – 2019)
- 2L Representative, Equality and Respect Committee (2018 – 2019)
- 1L Representative, Equality and Respect Committee (2017 – 2018)
- 1L Representative (2017 – 2018)
- Dayleader and Caseworker, Student Legal Services of Edmonton – Criminal Project (2017 – 2020)
- Clinton J. Ford Moot Winner (2020)
- Edmonton Bar Association Scholarship (2019)
- Dean’s List (2017)
- Outstanding Delegation, Best Delegate, National Model United Nations Awards Spring Conference (New York, 2017)
- Outstanding Delegation, Best Position Paper National Model United Nations Awards Fall Conference (Kobe, Japan, 2016)
- Outstanding Delegation, Best Delegate, Best Position Paper, National Model United Nations Awards Spring Conference (New York, 2016)
- First Class Standing (2016)