Ahmed Malik practises business law with particular focus on real estate, commercial lending, and mergers and acquisitions. He is the lead of the Regina real estate team.
Ahmed maintains a broad corporate/commercial, real estate, and financing practice advising clients on matters relating to purchase and sale transactions, leasing, land development, and franchising matters. Ahmed acts for a broad range of clients including owner-managed companies, entrepreneurs, franchises, developers, municipalities and institutions. He has extensive experience advising publicly-traded and privately-held corporations in the financial services, hospitality, oil & gas, and agribusiness sectors.
Ahmed has extensive experience advising publicly-traded and privately-held corporations in the financial services, oil & gas, agribusiness and natural resources sectors, on transactions ranging in scope from small family business transactions to large multinational transactions. His work in the agribusiness sector includes acting as counsel on various tax-planned corporate restructurings or reorganizations or intergenerational transfers for or of numerous manufacturing, processing, farming and other commercial enterprises. He regularly advises various privately-held corporations on amalgamations, reorganizations and corporate restructurings.
In the area of mergers and acquisitions, Ahmed provides services on matters relating to structuring, legal due diligence and the negotiation of letters of intent, offers to purchase and agreements of purchase and sale. He has advised on acquisitions, mergers, takeovers, divestitures, reorganizations and leveraged and management buy-outs.
Ahmed is also fluent in Punjabi and Urdu.
- Member of counsel team assisting in acquisition of a large transformer manufacturer in Manitoba
- Member of counsel team representing vendor in sale of grain elevator in Saskatchewan
- Member of counsel team representing a Saskatchewan credit union in the sale of its insurance arm
- Member of counsel team representing a large national non-profit organization with acquisition of assets in Saskatchewan
- Member of counsel team representing a Saskatchewan crown corporation in the acquisition of gas pipelines in Manitoba
- Counsel to various financial institutions and lenders on banking, financing, and secured lending matters
- Counsel on various tax-planned corporate restructurings or reorganizations or intergenerational transfers for or of numerous manufacturing, processing, farming, and other commercial enterprises
- Counsel for various privately held corporations for amalgamations, reorganizations, and corporate restructurings Member of counsel team for financing arm of automotive manufacturer in large financing arrangement for a Saskatchewan dealership
- Lead counsel for rural municipality in negotiation of a development agreement for a potash solution mine
- Past Chair, Regina and District Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors, Regina Food Bank
- Chair, Regina and District Chamber of Commerce
- Former Director and Chairman of the Board, Melfort Mustangs SJHL
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Board Member, Regina Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Association of Farm Advisors
- Co-author, “Cowper-Smith v. Morgan: Independent Legal Advice and Undue Influence,” Wealth Matters, January 23, 2017
- Co-author, “What is the Duty to Report Contamination Discovered by a Consultant or Engineer? A look at Saskatchewan’s New Approach,” EnviroNotes!, March 2016
- Author, “Fighting Forum: Where forum selection clauses fall short,” Mondaq/CCCA March 4, 2015
- Author, “Condominium developers and recent changes to Saskatchewan’s condominium legislation,” CBA Skylines Newsletter, November 2014
- Author, “Safety First: Changes to Saskatchewan’s Occupational Health and Safety Legislation,” Business and Industry Magazine, Saskatchewan, November 2014