Aleem maintains a broad corporate/commercial law practice including private mergers and acquisitions, corporate structuring and commercial lending as well as all aspects of real estate law, including the purchase and sale of commercial and residential real estate, commercial leasing and franchise law.
With a commerce background and extensive business law experience, Aleem practises largely in the areas of corporate/commercial law, real estate law, mergers & acquisitions and franchise law.
Aleem advises private corporations and shareholders on business matters relating to negotiations and completion of purchases and sales of businesses and assists with commercial transaction structuring and mergers and acquisitions. His corporate law practice includes corporate finance, corporate planning, organization and governance, and commercial lending.
With respect to his real estate practice, Aleem regularly advises clients on all aspects of real estate law including the acquisition, financing and sale of commercial and residential real estate transactions, land development matters, limited partnership structuring, condominium development and commercial leasing matters.
Aleem also helps clients navigate franchising laws and regulations, assisting with disclosure and registrations, and franchising agreements and area development agreements.
- Counsel to Granite 1 Limited Partnership, an affiliate of the Carrington Group of Companies, on the $41.7-million sale of Dwell at Schonsee Apartments
- Counsel to Landrex Inc. on its $176-million real estate development with Fort McKay First Nation
- Board of Trustees, Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation (2019-Present)
- Board of Directors, Habitat for Humanity (2011-2017)
- Legal Chair, Ismaili Council legal Board (2012-2015)
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Canadian Bar Association
- Past Chair, Business Law Section
- Member, Business Law, Real Property and Taxation Section
- Panellist, Virtual Franchise Canada Show Prairies, Canadian Franchise Association (February 2021)