Anjali is an associate lawyer practising in the areas of insolvency law and civil litigation.
Anjali has appeared before the Manitoba Provincial Court, Manitoba Court of Queen’s Bench, Manitoba Court of Appeal and the Ontario Superior Court of Justice. Anjali successfully brought an application for judicial review on an urgent basis before the Court of Queen’s Bench.
Anjali has a background in the entertainment industry. She played Eszter Vand on the CBC legal drama Burden of Truth and is a member of ACTRA. Anjali currently has a television show in development with Buffalo Gal Pictures.
During law school Anjali won first place in Robson Hall’s negotiation competition and went on to compete at the national Canadian Negotiation Competition in New Brunswick. She also worked as a clerk at Manitoba’s Provincial Court. Anjali was named the class valedictorian for the University of Manitoba’s Faculty of Law 2020 graduating class.
- Netflix-BANFF Diversity of Voices Fellowship (2021)
- Committee member, Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre Audience Development Committee (2020-present)
- Committee member, ACTRA Diversity and Inclusion Committee (2020-present)
- Participant, Solomon Greenberg Moot (2019)
- Volunteer, Pro Bono Students Canada, Manitoba (2018-2019)
- Committee member, RCMP Youth Advisory (2013-2019)
- President, University of Manitoba Improv Club (2016-2017)
- Founder, University of Manitoba Acting Club (2016-2017)
- A. Montague Israels Q.C. Prize, Manitoba Bar Association (2021)
- Honorable Archibald S. Dewar Prize for Advocacy (2020)
- Kimberly Dawn Gusto Memorial Award for Highest Standing in Children and the Law (2020)
- Judge Ross A. Johnston Prize for Family Law (2020)
- David and Myrna Bowman Prize for Highest Standing in Evidence (2019)
- Duncan J. Jessiman, Q.C. Prize for Highest Standing in Corporations I (2019)
- D.A. Thompson Q.C. Prize for Highest Standing in Income Tax (2020)
- D.A. Thompson Q.C. Prize for Highest Standing in Family Law (2019)
- D.A. Thompson Q.C. Prize for Highest Standing in Trademarks and Patents (2019)
- A.J. Christie Prize for Highest Standing in Advocacy (2019)
- UMSU Scholarship (2019)
- Faculty of Law, Dean’s Honour List, University of Manitoba (2018, 2019, 2020)
- Pitblado Scholarship (2018, 2019)
- Faculty of Science, Dean’s Honour List, University of Manitoba (2014)