Anjali is an associate lawyer practising in the areas of insolvency law, civil litigation and pensions.
Anjali has appeared before all levels of Court in Manitoba and the Ontario Superior Court of Justice.
She has experience in farm debt mediation and with proceedings under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act and The Family Farm Protection Act.
Anjali has co-authored papers published in the Journal of the Insolvency Institute of Canada and the Annual Review of Insolvency Law.
Anjali has a background in the entertainment industry. She played Eszter Vand on the CBC legal drama Burden of Truth. Anjali currently has a television show in development with Buffalo Gal Pictures.
- Netflix-BANFF Diversity of Voices Fellowship (2021)
- ACTRA Manitoba Member Initiated Productions Grant Recipient (2021)
- Canada Media Fund Pilot Program for Racialized Communities Grant Recipient (2021)
- Committee member, Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre Audience Development Committee (2020-present)
- Robson Hall Class of 2020 Valedictorian
- Committee member, ACTRA Diversity and Inclusion Committee (2020-present)
- Robson Hall Negotiation Competition First Place Winner and Canadian National Negotiation Competition participant (2020)
- Provincial Court Clerkship (2019)
- Participant, Solomon Greenberg Moot (2019)
- Volunteer, Pro Bono Students Canada, Manitoba (2018-2019)
- Committee member, RCMP Youth Advisory (2013-2019)
- President, University of Manitoba Improv Club (2016-2017)
- Founder, University of Manitoba Acting Club (2016-2017)
- A. Montague Israels Q.C. Prize, Manitoba Bar Association (2021)
- Honorable Archibald S. Dewar Prize for Advocacy (2020)
- Kimberly Dawn Gusto Memorial Award for Highest Standing in Children and the Law (2020)
- Judge Ross A. Johnston Prize for Family Law (2020)
- David and Myrna Bowman Prize for Highest Standing in Evidence (2019)
- Duncan J. Jessiman, Q.C. Prize for Highest Standing in Corporations I (2019)
- D.A. Thompson Q.C. Prize for Highest Standing in Income Tax (2020)
- D.A. Thompson Q.C. Prize for Highest Standing in Family Law (2019)
- D.A. Thompson Q.C. Prize for Highest Standing in Trademarks and Patents (2019)
- A.J. Christie Prize for Highest Standing in Advocacy (2019)
- UMSU Scholarship (2019)
- Faculty of Law, Dean’s Honour List, University of Manitoba (2018, 2019, 2020)
- Pitblado Scholarship (2018, 2019)
- Faculty of Science, Dean’s Honour List, University of Manitoba (2014)
- “Cross Country Update” Canadian Bar Association National Insolvency Law Conference (2022)
- “Manitoba Technical Update,” Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals National Webinar Series (2022)
- “The Art of Marshalling: The Good, the Bad and the Potential,” Journal of the Insolvency Institute of Canada (2021)
- “Zombie Companies Arise!” Annual Review of Insolvency Law (2021)