Ashton is an associate lawyer practising in the areas of labour and employment and litigation.
Ashton provides advice and assistance on all matters relating to labour and employment law and litigation. She has experience advising employers on hiring, employment standards, disciplinary matters and termination, and layoff strategy. Her work includes the negotiation and drafting employment agreements, independent consultant contracts, executive compensation agreements and personnel policies. She also advises on workers’ compensation matters, occupational health & safety matters and human rights matters, including discrimination, accommodation, harassment and wrongful dismissal.
- Director, Association of Women Lawyers, Calgary (2018-2019)
- Civil Claims Duty Counsel and Amicus Volunteer, Pro Bono Law Alberta (2017-2019)
- Saskatchewan Law Review Honour (2017)
- Marj Benson Leadership Scholarship (2017)
- Third place team – Canadian National Negotiation Competition (2017)
- Upper-Year Juris Doctor Academic Achievement Scholarship (2016)
- Save on Foods Award in Community Involvement and Volunteerism (2016)
- Nasser Scholarship (2016)
- University of Saskatchewan Scholarship (2015)
- David C. Kyle Memorial Scholarship (2015)
- Second place team – Dentons Negotiation Competition (2015)