Benjamin advises and represents private sector and First Nation employers and management on employment and human rights issues across diverse industries.
Benjamin’s practice involves advising and advocating for employers with respect to wrongful dismissal actions and other related actions, unjust dismissal complaints, human rights complaints, employment standards complaints, harassment issues, drafting employment agreements, drafting workplace policies and assisting clients with day to day workplace advice. Benjamin regularly advises on various other employment matters relating to hiring employees, accommodation, implementing policies and discipline with respect to federally-regulated and provincially-regulated employers.
- Recognized as “One to Watch” by Best Lawyers in Canada – Corporate and commercial litigation (since 2023)
- Co-Captain, MLT Aikins Edmonton’s Make-A-Wish Heroes Challenge Team, Edmonton (2023)
- Duty Counsel, Civil Claims Duty Counsel, Edmonton (2018-2019)
- Volunteer, Edmonton Community Legal Centre (2018-2019)
- Volunteer, United Way Week, Edmonton (2018)
- President, Law Games 2017, University of Alberta (2017)
- Student Volunteer, Student Legal Services, Edmonton (2014-2015)
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Edmonton Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association