Brady Chapman is an articling student in the firm’s Calgary office.
Brady obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Calgary. He returns to the firm as an articling student after summering at the firm’s Calgary office in 2019 and 2018. During law school he worked as a student case worker at Student Legal Assistance in Calgary where he assisted clients with legal matters including negotiating insurance claim settlements and preparing an appeal for denied CPP Disability Benefits. He most recently worked as a legal research assistant for a professor at the University of Calgary during the 2019-2020 academic year.
Prior to attending law school, Brady completed a bachelor of arts majoring in communication and philosophy. He has experience working in communications for the Office of the Chief Scientist at Natural Resources Canada and as an academic writing adviser at the University of Ottawa.
- Chief Returning Officer, University of Calgary Society of Law Students (2019-2020)
- Student Case Worker, Student Legal Assistance, Calgary (2017-2018)
- Social Justice Intern, OCRCC Ottawa (2014-2015)
- Author, “Navigating the emerging lithium rush: lithium extraction from brines for clean-tech battery storage technologies”, Journal of Energy and Natural Resources Law (2020)
- Author, “Heidegger on Technology: Towards a Less-Anthropocentric, Multi-Disciplinary Legal Definition of “Sustainable”?”, Journal of Environmental Law and Practice (2020) 33:1
- Presenter, “Finding a Home for the Orphans and Inactives: repurposing oil and gas wells for geothermal?”, University of Calgary Undergraduate Research Symposium (2019)
- Co-author with Matthew Warren & Kenryo Mizutani, “Indigenous Peoples of Canada and their Rights in the Modern Jurisprudence: An Overview”, Oil and Natural Gas Review, Japan Oil, Gas and Metals National Corporation (2018) 52:4
- John A. MacPherson Q.C. Memorial Scholarship
- Al Lucas Scholarship in Energy and Environmental Law, University of Calgary (2020)
- SU Sustainability Award, Undergraduate Research Symposium, University of Calgary (2019)
- Howard Tidswell Memorial Award in Law, University of Calgary (2019)
- L.H. Fenerty, Q.C. Law Prize, University of Calgary (2019)
- Blackstone Medals Debate (2nd Place), University of Calgary (2018)
- 50th Anniversary University of Calgary, Faculty of Law Scholarship (2017)
- Merit Scholarship, University of Ottawa (2015)
- Chancellor’s Scholarship, University of Ottawa (2013)
- Miller Thomson Foundation National Scholarship (2013)
- Governor General’s Bronze Medal Award for Academic Excellence (2013)