Brenden Drews is an articling student based in the firm’s Winnipeg office.
Brenden returns to MLT Aikins as an articling student after summering with the firm in 2021. Brenden obtained a Juris Doctor from the University of Manitoba in 2022. During the 2021-2022 academic year, Brenden completed a student clerkship with the Manitoba Court of Appeal.
Brenden has experience working for the Government of Manitoba Asset Management department, providing support for real estate and contracts services. During law school, Brenden worked as a research assistant for a professor at the Robson Hall Faculty of Law. In this capacity, Brenden was responsible for identifying and analyzing new cases in Canadian contract law and explaining their significance in succinct blog posts which were thereafter published. Brenden was a volunteer for the University of Manitoba Community Law Centre.
- Volunteer, Community Law Centre, University of Manitoba (2020-2021)
- Participant, Mini-Moot, University of Manitoba (2020)
- First-Year Representative and Treasurer, Robson Hall Environmental Law Group (2019-2022)
- D.A. Thompson Q.C. Prize, for highest standing in Trusts (2022)
- Paul Norman Warren Memorial Prize, for highest standing in Securities Law (2022)
- ZSA – National Post Richard Leipsic Prize, for high academic standing in corporate law courses (2022)
- Pitblado Scholar, Robson Hall, awarded to the top 10% of second year students (2020-2021)
- Taylor McCaffery LLP Entrance Award (2019)
- Dean’s Honor List (2016-2019)
- UM Hogg Centennial Entrance Scholarship Recipient (2015)