Grant has a business law practice, and practises in the areas of commercial litigation, commercial law, employment and labour law and aboriginal law.
Grant has a business law practice with an emphasis on commercial advocacy. He regularly provides business law and employment and labour law advice to his corporate clientele, including many small- to mid-sized businesses. Grant has extensive experience with acquisitions and divestitures of retail pharmacies. Grant’s practice also includes commercial litigation, commercial arbitration and mediation. He has additional experience with employment and labour law and aboriginal law.
Grant has appeared in all levels of court in Manitoba, the Tax Court of Canada, the Federal Court of Canada, the Federal Court of Appeal, as well as before numerous Boards and Tribunals, including the Manitoba Labour Board and various Committees of the College of Pharmacists.
- Managing Partner, D’Arcy & Deacon LLP
- Lead corporate Counsel to Rubicon and its shareholders on the merger with Amenity Holdings Inc.
- Life Council Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Board Member, Manitoba Public Insurance
- Former Chairperson, Civil Litigation Section of the Manitoba Bar Association
- Former President, Manitoba Law Students’ Association
- Chairperson, The Icelandic Festival of Manitoba
- Vice President, Fort Whyte P.C. Association
- Former Director, Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra
- Former Director, Manitoba Law Foundation
- Volunteer, Heart and Stroke Foundation
- Discipline Committee, The Law Society of Manitoba
- Member, The Law Society of Manitoba
- Contributor, “Commercial Debt Collection in Canada: A Legal Handbook” (2012, Canada Law Book)
- Contributor, “International Commercial Debt Collection” (2007, Thomson Carswell)
- Lectured at the Community Legal Education Association in Winnipeg
- Lectured at the Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Manitoba
- Lectured for the Advocacy Program at the University of Manitoba Law School
- “Key Legal Issues When Buying a Practice,” Own Your Future, CDSPI (October 2017)
- The Ruban Insurance Friend of Pharmacy Award, Pharmacists Manitoba – presented to a non-pharmacist, who has contributed significantly to the success of the profession of pharmacy (2019)
- Life Membership Award, Icelandic Festival of Manitoba