Judd is an experienced litigator who represents clients in a broad spectrum of personal and commercial disputes.
- McAndrew Estate (Re), 2020 ABQB 614: Successfully proved the validity of a holographic will in the face of two prior wills and allegations of undue influence and lack of testamentary capacity
- Eisenrieder Estate v. Eisenrieder, 2020 ABQB 392: Successfully defeated a claim against the deceased’s estate by the widower of a beneficiary and obtained significant costs award to compensate the estate
- Kamal Holdings & Ventures Inc. v. First Calgary Financial Credit Union Ltd., 2019 ABQB 27: Successfully applied for summary dismissal of a claim against a real estate appraiser for alleged negligence arising out of a judicial sale by invoking the defence of expert witness immunity
- 1408418 Alberta Ltd. v. Oslund, 2015 ABQB 560: Successfully resisted a summary application for relief under the shareholders oppression provision of the Alberta Business Corporations Act
Judd focuses his practice on contentious estate matters, helping clients resolve disputes in a cost-effective and timely manner. He is a skilled courtroom advocate with experience in disputes requiring extraordinary remedies such as Mareva injunctions and Anton Piller orders.
Judd also has experience in commercial and civil litigation, applying his strategic thinking and creative problem-solving to a variety of business disputes and employment matters. He has appeared before all levels of Court in Alberta and has considerable experience in alternative dispute resolution, such as private mediation, arbitration and judicial dispute resolution.
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Calgary Bar Association