Kaitlin Ward is an associate lawyer in the firm’s Calgary office. She maintains an insolvency and general litigation practice.
Kaitlin is an associate practicing in the firm’s insolvency and commercial litigation groups. Kaitlin has been involved in proceedings under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act and the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act, including consumer proposals, receivership proceedings, secured lending enforcement and foreclosures. Kaitlin has also represented clients on general commercial matters in the Alberta Provincial Court and the Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench.
Kaitlin graduated with distinction from the University of Saskatchewan College of Law in 2019. She completed her articles with MLT Aikins and was a summer student in the firm’s Calgary office in 2017.
Prior to attending law school, Kaitlin graduated with distinction from the University of Victoria with a Bachelor of Arts. She played rugby for the University of Victoria varsity rugby team, as well as the Calgary Rams Rugby Club.
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Third-year Class Representative, Law Students’ Association (2018-2019)
- Social Director, Law Students’ Association (2017-2018)
- Volunteer, Elizabeth Fry Society Family Law Education Project (2016-2017)
- Social Director, Calgary Rams Rugby Club (2015)
- National Champion, Willms & Shier Environmental Law Moot (2019)
- Distinguished Oralist, Willms & Shier Environmental Law Moot (2019)
- Top 15 Oralist, Davies Corporate/Securities Law Moot (2018)
- College of Law Upper-Year Juris Doctor Academic Achievement Scholarship (2017)
- James M. Stevenson Scholarship (2016)
- Canadian Interuniversity Sport Honour Roll Award, University of Victoria (2013)
- President’s Award, University of Victoria (2010-2013)
- Co-author, “Recent Developments in CBCA Plans of Arrangement – Finding the Balance Between a Facilitative and Functional Process,” Journal of the Insolvency Institute of Canada (2021)