Marc practises in the financial services and lending industry, with particular focus on western Canadian agribusiness, corporate governance, commercial real estate and corporate/commercial matters.
Marc acts regularly for financial institutions, credit unions, regulatory bodies as well as agricultural commodity boards, co-operatives and related organizations throughout Western Canada. Marc is fluent in both English and French.
- Legal Counsel, Farm Credit Canada (2016-2017)
- Lawyer, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (2010-2016)
- Counsel to chartered banks, credit unions and federal Crown corporations, relative to secured and unsecured lending transactions (including real estate, construction, agricultural and automotive sectors, ranging in size from $5 million to $150 million) and regulatory requirements for carrying on business in Western Canada
- Counsel to credit unions and centrals in initiating their Canadian Emergency Business Account (CEBA) loan programs
- Counsel to a Community Futures entity in initiating its Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF) loan program
- Counsel to various agricultural commodity boards in relation to their respective supply managed industries
- Counsel to vendors and purchasers in various types of land acquisitions and divestitures in Western Canada
- Board Member, Rossbrook House Foundation Inc. (2020-present)
- Policy Committee, Manitoba Chambers of Commerce (2018-present)
- Board Member, Regina Education and Action on Child Hunger (2016-2017)