Maria practises in corporate and commercial law with an emphasis on banking and commercial lending, commercial real estate, and corporate immigration and cross-border transactions.
Maria’s corporate/commercial work includes organizing, structuring and restructuring businesses; mergers and acquisitions including the purchase and sale of businesses; and drafting, reviewing and advising on contracts including shareholder agreements and partnership agreements.
With respect to her corporate immigration practice, Maria’s work extends to obtaining work permits and labour market opinions for corporate clients, including intra-company transfers, NAFTA work permits, business visitors for senior executives, managers and professionals.
- Merger of Rubicon Pharmacies Canada and Amenity Holdings Inc.
- Sale of Bison Transport Inc. to James Richardson & Sons, Limited
- Executive Officer, Manitoba Bar Association, Real Property Sub-Section
- Past Chair, Manitoba Bar Association, Immigration Sub-Section
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Presenter, “Business Acquisitions,” Entrepreneurship Manitoba, Business Settlement Office (Winnipeg, 2014)
- Presenter, “Business Law Introduction,” YMCA / YWCA Business Training Centre (Winnipeg, 2013)
- Presenter, “Employer Compliance and Ethics: Hiring a Temporary Foreign Worker in Occupations Requiring Lower Levels of Training,” Immigration and Employer Compliance: A New Era For Employer Liability Conference (Winnipeg, 2012)