Maria practises in the area of corporate and commercial law, with an emphasis on commercial lending, commercial real estate and commercial leasing.
Maria acts for financial institutions (banks and credit unions), private lenders and borrowers in a variety of financing transactions.
Maria regularly acts for developers, vendors and purchasers on all aspects of commercial real estate transactions. Her experience includes real estate development, acquisitions and dispositions, financing arrangements and joint ventures involving a wide variety of commercial real properties.
Maria advises landlords and tenants on drafting and negotiating leases, subleases, ground leases, licensing agreements and space-sharing agreements for commercial properties, including office space, industrial space, airports, retail space and institutional property. She regularly advises clients on risk allocation, cost recovery, lease covenants and restoration obligations.
- Merger of Rubicon Pharmacies Canada and Amenity Holdings Inc.
- Sale of Bison Transport Inc. to James Richardson & Sons, Limited
- Executive Officer, Manitoba Bar Association, Real Property Sub-Section
- Past Chair, Manitoba Bar Association, Immigration Sub-Section
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Presenter, “Business Acquisitions,” Entrepreneurship Manitoba, Business Settlement Office (Winnipeg, 2014)
- Presenter, “Business Law Introduction,” YMCA / YWCA Business Training Centre (Winnipeg, 2013)
- Presenter, “Employer Compliance and Ethics: Hiring a Temporary Foreign Worker in Occupations Requiring Lower Levels of Training,” Immigration and Employer Compliance: A New Era For Employer Liability Conference (Winnipeg, 2012)