Maria practises in the areas of corporate, commercial and immigration law. She provides services in both English and Spanish.
- Merger of Rubicon Pharmacies Canada and Amenity Holdings Inc.
Maria believes communication with clients is fundamental, allowing her to understand their unique needs and provide creative and practical legal solutions in a timely, diligent and cost-effective manner.
Her experience extends to the following practice areas:
- Corporate/Commercial – organizing, structuring and restructuring businesses; mergers and acquisitions, including the purchase and sale of businesses; drafting, reviewing and advising on contracts, including shareholder agreements, partnership agreements
- Corporate Immigration – obtaining work permits and labour market opinions for corporate clients, including intra-company transfers, NAFTA work permits, business visitors for senior executives, managers and professionals
- Real Estate – acting for purchasers, vendors, lenders, contractors, landlord and tenants
- Wills and Estates – preparing wills, powers of attorney and health-care directives
- Associate Lawyer, Fillmore Riley LLP (2011-2017)
- Articling Student, Fillmore Riley LLP (2010-2011)
- Executive Officer, Manitoba Bar Association, Real Property Sub-Section
- Co-Chair, Manitoba Bar Association, Securities Sub-Section
- Vice-Chair, Manitoba Bar Association, Immigration Sub-Section
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Christian Legal Fellowship
- Presenter, “Business Acquisitions,” Entrepreneurship Manitoba, Business Settlement Office (Winnipeg, 2014)
- Presenter, “Business Law Introduction,” YMCA / YWCA Business Training Centre (Winnipeg, 2013)
- Presenter, “Employer Compliance and Ethics: Hiring a Temporary Foreign Worker in Occupations Requiring Lower Levels of Training,” Immigration and Employer Compliance: A New Era For Employer Liability Conference (Winnipeg, 2012)