Matt practises in the area of corporate commercial law with a focus on science and technology.
Matt advises corporate clients on privacy related issues with particular focus on access to information requests. He has experience developing document retention schedules and related policies for organizations. His work in privacy includes dealing with regulatory requirements under financial institution legislation, conducting Privacy Impact Assessments, confirmation of IP ownership agreements, and drafting various licensing agreements. He advises clients from a broad range of industries including health care, agriculture and financial institutions.
Prior to joining MLT Aikins, Matt completed his articles at the Saskatchewan Court of Appeal where he did a clerkship. He spent a month on secondment at the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner.
- Chair, Privacy & Access Law South Section, Canadian Bar Association (present)
- Board member, Regina Trades and Skills Centre (present)
- College of Law Upper-Year Juris Doctor Academic Achievement Scholarship for academic performance (2015)
- College of Law Upper-Year Juris Doctor Academic Achievement Scholarship for academic performance (2016)
- PE Mackenzie Prize in Evidence for academic performance in Evidence Law (2017)
- Complementary Canadian Bar Association Membership from the College of Law as one of ten deserving students selected