Molly McIntosh is a litigator based in the firm’s Edmonton office. She has experience in the energy, construction and insurance industries.
Before joining MLT Aikins, Molly completed her articles in the Calgary office of a large national firm, where she focused primarily on litigation and dispute resolution in the corporate/commercial context. Her work included a particular emphasis on the energy and construction industries as well as insurance matters, representing insurers. During her articles, Molly was seconded to a large multi-national oil and gas company.
Molly is experienced at preparing applications to be heard by the courts or in arbitrations, drafting pleadings and opinions on various legal issues, and appearing for clients in matters before the provincial court and the Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta.
- Assisted with the trial of a dispute over resource royalty payments
- Helped represent a large multi-national oil and gas company in a complex contractual dispute
- Assisted with several complex, multi-million-dollar arbitrations
- Member, Alberta Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Young Advocates’ Society
- Volunteer, QB Amicus and CCDC, Pro Bono Law Alberta (2017-present)
- Volunteer, Edmonton Community Legal Centre (2015-2017)
- Vice-President, Law Students’ Association, University of Alberta (2015-2016)
- Volunteer and Civil/Family Caseworker, Student Legal Services, University of Alberta (2014-2016)