Molly maintains a broad civil litigation practice with a focus on construction related disputes, commercial law and insurance.
Before joining MLT Aikins, Molly completed her articles in the Calgary office of a large national firm, where she focused primarily on litigation and dispute resolution in the corporate/commercial context. Her work included a particular emphasis on the energy and construction industries as well as insurance matters, representing insurers. During her articles, Molly was seconded to a large multi-national oil and gas company.
Molly is experienced at preparing applications to be heard by the courts or in arbitrations, drafting pleadings and opinions on various legal issues. She has appeared before the Provincial Court of Alberta, the Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench and the Court of Appeal.
- Assisted with the trial of a dispute over resource royalty payments
- Helped represent a large multi-national oil and gas company in a complex contractual dispute
- Assisted with several complex, multi-million-dollar arbitrations
- Member, Alberta Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Young Advocates’ Society
- Volunteer, QB Amicus and CCDC, Pro Bono Law Alberta (2017-present)
- Volunteer, Edmonton Community Legal Centre (2015-2017)
- Vice-President, Law Students’ Association, University of Alberta (2015-2016)
- Volunteer and Civil/Family Caseworker, Student Legal Services, University of Alberta (2014-2016)