Paul is an associate lawyer in the firm's Vancouver office with a background in science.
Before joining MLT Aikins, Paul summered at the Ottawa office of an international law firm, supporting its intellectual property team.
Paul has volunteered with Artists’ Legal Advice Services, working with lawyers to help a wide variety of musicians understand their rights and resolve their legal concerns. He also joined the Tenant Duty Counsel Assistance Project where he helped assess legal issues and monitor hearings at the Landlord and Tenant Board.
A natural problem-solver and confident communicator, Paul enjoys tackling complicated and topical legal issues, such as the international exhaustion of patents – something he was able to explore as part of the Harold G Fox Moot team.
Paul’s educational background prior to law school includes a Master of Science in therapeutics, drug development and toxicology as well as a Bachelor of Science with honours in biochemistry.
- Team Member (2019-2020), Student Coach (2020-2021), Harold G Fox Intellectual Property Moot
- Associate Editor, Faculty of Law Review, University of Toronto (2019-2020)
- Peer Mentor, Faculty of Law, University of Toronto (2019-2021)
- Volunteer, Tenant Duty Counsel Assistance Project, Landlord and Tenant Board (Toronto, 2018-2019)
- Volunteer, Artists’ Legal Advice Services (Toronto, 2018-2019)
- Executive, Environmental Law Club, Faculty of Law, University of Toronto (2018-2021)
- Undergraduate Mentor, Department of Biochemistry, Queen’s University (2015-2017)
- Research Thesis: “Assessment of a Novel Phosphate Binding Therapy in Experimental Adenine-Induced Chronic Kidney Disease,” Queen’s University (2017)
- Franklin Bracken Fellowship (2016)
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research Graduate Scholarship (2015)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada Undergraduate Research Award (2014)
- Queen’s University Principal’s Entrance Award (2011)