Pio is an articling student in the firm’s Winnipeg office.
Pio obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Manitoba. During law school he worked as a research assistant for the Robson Hall Faculty of Law where he wrote and edited a paper on the topic of marketing boards, to be published in the Manitoba Law Journal. In this role he assisted with research in various capacities.
Prior to attending law school Pio completed a Bachelor of Arts degree at McGill University, majoring in political science and economics. He has extensive experience working in various start-up firms and held various managing roles in the area of digital communications.
- Pitblado Scholarship, Dean’s Honour List 1L, University of Manitoba (2017-2018)
- D.A. Thompson, Q.C. Prize, Contracts Course Section Award, University of Manitoba (2017-2018)
- McGill Arts Research Internship Award (2013)
- Communications co-ordinator, Robson Hall Environmental Law Group (2017-present)
- Tutor, Robson Hall Academic Support (2019)
- Volunteer, University of Manitoba Community Legal Centre (2018)
- Campaign manager, Creating Hopes Canada (2015-2016)