Pio is an associate lawyer practising with the firm’s business law group in Winnipeg.
Pio practises in the area of corporate and commercial law with an emphasis on mergers & acquisitions and secured lending transactions. Pio has experience preparing and reviewing various types of corporate and commercial agreements, including purchase agreements and secured lending documents. He also has experience providing clients with advice relating to corporate governance and regulatory compliance issues.
Pio completed his articles with MLT Aikins and obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Manitoba. Prior to law school, Pio completed his undergraduate studies at McGill University and worked with various start-ups in marketing and digital communications roles.
- Pitblado Scholarship, Dean’s Honour List 1L, University of Manitoba (2017-2018)
- D.A. Thompson, Q.C. Prize, Contracts Course Section Award, University of Manitoba (2017-2018)
- McGill Arts Research Internship Award (2013)
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Communications co-ordinator, Robson Hall Environmental Law Group (2017-2019)
- Tutor, Robson Hall Academic Support (2019)
- Volunteer, University of Manitoba Community Legal Centre (2018)
- Campaign manager, Creating Hopes Canada (2015-2016)