With a background in business and broad-based experience in different practice areas, Sharon Au is a civil litigator who brings a practical and client-centred approach to resolving disputes.
Sharon provides advice to employers and employees, local and international businesses, and corporations and individuals, particularly in the areas of commercial contracts, employment, environmental and general civil litigation. She has represented clients in proceedings before all levels of court in Alberta as well as the Alberta Environmental Appeals Board and the Alberta Human Rights Commission.
- Co-Chair, Women Lawyers’ Forum, Canadian Bar Association (Northern Alberta) (2012-2013)
- Volunteer, Edmonton Community Legal Clinic (since 2011)
- Volunteer, Civil Claims Duty Counsel Project (since 2012)
- Volunteer, University of Alberta Law Show (2006-2009)
- “Controlling Risk and Limiting Liability in the Remediation and Reclamation of Contaminated and/or Abandoned Sites,” Environmental Law and Regulation in Alberta (Canadian Institute, 2013, 2014)