Sharon’s practice includes commercial litigation, administrative and professional regulatory work, insurance defence and coverage disputes. She brings a practical and client-centred approach to resolving disputes.
Sharon has broad commercial litigation background with a focus on insurance and administrative law. Her insurance experience includes advising and representing clients in policy matters, coverage disputes and insurance defence. Sharon’s insurance work covers a wide range of areas including disability, commercial general liability, property, and errors and omissions. With respect to administrative law, Sharon has acted as independent legal counsel for tribunals in professional disciplinary proceedings and has represented applicants in various administrative proceedings.
In addition to her insurance and administrative practice, Sharon has also acted on complex high risk litigation files in a wide range of areas, including serious personal injury claims and commercial disputes. Sharon has appeared before all levels of court in Alberta.
- Former Co-chair, Women Lawyers’ Forum, Canadian Bar Association (Northern Alberta, 2012-2013)
- Volunteer, Edmonton Community Legal Clinic (since 2011)
- Volunteer, Civil Claims Duty Counsel Project (since 2012)
- Presenter, “High Times – Cannabis and Professional Discipline,” MLT Aikins LLP Administrative Law Seminar
- Presenter, “Challenges in Professional Regulations: Ungovernable and Self-Regulated Members,” MLT Aikins LLP Administrative Law Seminar
- Presenter, “Proactive Steps to Avoid Litigation,” MLT Human Resources Professionals Seminar
- Co-author, “Controlling Risk and Limiting Liability in the Remediation and Reclamation of Contaminated and/or Abandoned Sites,” Environmental Law and Regulation in Alberta, Canadian Institute